Thursday, June 9, 2011

Headboard make over

Jessie brought home this King sized antique headboard last Saturday night as a surprise! Isn't he the best ever? I was so excited I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! So the next day I got busy...

Here it is after I sanded it a little
One must be able to see what something can become to be a good thrifter*

one coat of primer,
word from the wise ALWAYS PRIME...don't ask me how I know just do it!

So I forgot to take a picture of it after I painted it white.
I ALWAYS USE KRYLON (by the way)
& it's always way cheaper at Wal Mart



To get the antiqued look I used a black glaze (the same one I used on the blue acid mirror)
paint a small section with a sponge brush, then wipe off with a dry cloth, then wipe off with a damp cloth. Make sure to leave in the cracks and lines of your furniture. Use as much or as little to get the desired look.

See?  
& I love the spindles on this bed!!!



TADA!!!!
(excuse the horrible plug, that's whatcha get when you live in an old house, stay tuned to see how I cover it up)


I LOVE OUR HEADBOARD!


sorry the picture is so small. But this is the duvet cover I want for our bed, it's from Urban Outfitters for $200. But I WILL NOT be spending that, so I will make it for less than $50 and do it myself....stay tuned for that very soon!!!



Go paint something!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment