Thursday, March 31, 2011

Whip up some cupcakes in just a jiff


We had some company visiting this afternoon and I wanted a little treat to serve. I found this recipe for home-made vanilla cupcakes. The best part in my opinion, it only makes 12! Not too many, not too few, just riiight!
Here is it:
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. milk

Mix it all together and bake @ 350 for 20-25 minutes
makes the perfect number of cupcakes, 12!
*also makes one 9x9 cake- bake for 30-40 minutes*

Tip: Please use your glass cake stand for every dessert you can! It's not just for cakes. I put brownies, & cupcakes in mine all the time. I first started doing it because I had a made a batch of brownies and didn't have Tupperware to put them in. Some girl friends of mine came over one night and talked about how much they loved the idea of brownies in a cake stand. I thought...umm thanks, I didn't have anywhere else to put them. Over the next few days they both went out and bought cake stands so they could do the same! Evidently it's the COOL thing to do!  




No comments:

Post a Comment