Saturday, August 13, 2011

Best Baked Potatoe soup EVER!

The BEST baked potato soup EVER!!! (If you could hear me say this I would be singing the word EVER) YuM! YuM! YuM! My tummy is SO happy*

I totally made this up so I don't have exact measurements mmmkay?
Bacon
grn onions
shredded cheddar cheese
white onion
potatoes
chicken stock
butter
flour
milk
Cube bacon and fry in the pot, once bacon is crispy remove with a slotted spoon onto a napkin to drain. Save enough of your bacon grease to fry your onion in. Once onion is cooked through, add your potatoes and enough chicken stock to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil for about 20 minutes, until potatoes are mushy. Turn your burner off or on simmer cause things are gonna start thickenin up. Mash your potatoes with a masher. in a sauce pan melt some butter ( 1/2 stick ) and add 1 tbl spoon of flour, mix together and add to the soup. Add some milk for desired consistency.  Garnish with chopped green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, and bacon  :)  Enjoy!    {If you have left overs when you heat them up just add a  little milk if they have thickened}
I made a small pot (usually when I make soup I make a Huge pot cause I like to eat on it for days!) So I used 12 oz. of bacon, 1 small white onion, 7 potatoes, 1 cup milk, 1/2 stick of butter, 1 Tb spoon of flour, 3-4 cups of chicken stock (enough to cover the potatoes) Around about...
You can't really mess this up. If you don't like onion, don't add it at all. If you like yours thinner add more milk  ect. Like I said it's pretty hard to mess this up  :)
*EnJoY*

No comments:

Post a Comment