Friday, April 8, 2011

I know I promised....

We are not done quite yet with Ella's room BUT I will give you a sneaky peak!
Sorry I can't share it all with you but I promise you will enjoy this....

Here is Ella's dresser, we painted it white and then sanded the sides to give it a distressed look. I LOVE IT! Here is an UP close of all the knobs....are you ready? Oh My Goodness this is exciting....here you go....








Aren't they WONDERFUL? I think so too!

Here is another up close to show how we used sand paper to create the perfect look

Here is a bed post to show the paint once again. The paint actually crackled on it's own which was an added BONUS!

This is a Bonnet girl quilt: HAND made by Ella's GREAT GREAT grandmother!
That's right, I said great great!
Isn't that awesome! My mother in law (Janie) gave this to Ella. Her Grannie made it for her when she was a little girl. I am so incredibly blessed to have married into a family like Jessie's. My mother in law has kept everything that was ever given to her or made for her from past generations of loved ones. It's so special. I'm so thankful my children will have treasures like this. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment